Managed Printing services, better known as MPS in the business world, refers to a service provider who aids businesses to optimize their print fleet, including fax machines, copiers, and printers. This all-inclusive types of service includes an assessment of a business’s print environment (which is also referred to as the print infrastructure), the pre-emptive management of devices (e.g., repairs and performance analysis), deployment of both new and existing hardware across the organization as well as restocking of “consumables” such as cartridges ink and paper. The idea behind most managed printing services is to merge all print-related duties into a specific point of contact and channel costs into a single account. Finding the ideal managed printing service (MPS) for your business can be a rather inundating task as most of the MPS companies usually claim to outperform their competitor. To help you identify the best-Managed Printing Services for your business, we have curated a list of the best MPS service providers you can consider for fully customized service offerings that are unique to your business needs.
Brother is one of the biggest and well-known names in the business as far as MPS services go. The company as a reputation of being able to provide businesses with excellent printers that look after themselves. The printers are a simple, cost-effective approach to manage a business’ print with no additional effort. Brother’s Managed Print Services is nearly the same as printers by other companies that do not have MPS, but the MPS that Brother provides will typically provide businesses with improved control, efficiency, and security. Additionally, the company claims that their managed printing services are usually kinder to the environment. According to the company website, Brother’s managed printing services are intentionally made to be easy and straightforward, thus ensuring that anyone using them does not feel any type of confusion.
- The Brother MPS will help you to automate your business workflows and digitize office processes ensuring that you only put the necessary effort.
- The Brother managed printing services can be used for small, medium, and large-sized companies.
- Several users have complained that scanning using Brother’s managed printing services can be a challenge as they have continually gotten errors that do not allow the completion of the process.
Xerox managed printing services prides itself on automating print-based processes and making them for secure and efficient. With the Xerox MPS, companies are empowered to make better choices relating to printing. With the Xerox MPS, a company can easily improve both its productivity and operational costs. Among the biggest selling points of the Xerox MPS is the fact that the company uses their patented ConnectKey Technology, which facilitates the transformative process. Because of this innovative technology, their MPS services can be optimized and managed remotely.
- Customers receive unparalleled document management control as well as unequaled workplace efficiency.
- The Xerox MPS effortlessly helps businesses save money as it cuts down operational costs.
- The Xerox MPS helps companies to easily secure their devices, data, and documents
- While this may change from company to company, most users claim to have witnessed an increase in the productivity levels of their employees.
- This MPS can be deployed on both the cloud and on the business premise.
It is one of the more costly managed printing services available in the market.
This Japanese company is renowned for pushing the agenda of empowering digital workplaces using innovative services and technologies. Ricoh’s Managed Print Services are typically offered as part of the company’s Managed Document Services portfolio. The MPS team from Ricoh will usually work with companies to design a tailor-made document management strategy. This way, they ensure that they have implemented consistent and clear print policies that will help your business to control output waste and reduce its cost. Finally, because their managed printing services are extremely comprehensive, companies can minimize on the number of vendors that they work with, all while ensuring more transparency and control are embedded into the business.
- Several customers who have used the company have praised them for their ability to make workflow processes efficient and effective.
- Just like Konica, Ricoh places great importance on sustainability by working to reduce waste and save energy.
- The functionality and features of their managed printing services are easy to comprehend and navigate
- Several customers have complained that occasionally their systems will fail but nothing that cannot be easily fixed.
Konica Minolta Optimized Print Services is the name of the managed print services from Konica Minolta. The company, which was founded in 1873, has been around for decades, and they certainly understand what they are doing. Because they are aware of the advancement in users’ needs, they have managed to set themselves apart from the rest by approaching the business differently. Unlike others, Konica combines consultation, hardware, and software implementation as well as workflow management to help companies optimize their businesses and reduce how much they spend on documents.
- Customers have the option of choosing to engage with Konica through different leasing or purchasing options.
- The company is known for analyzing the business before jumping right into business; this way, they can provide customers with tailor-made solutions.
- They are constantly pushing sustainability even with their customers as they often implement processes that are environmentally friendly.
- They are expensive but well worth the cost.
Lexmark is a highly rated company that helps its customers to improve their enterprise print infrastructure. The company provides customers with an end-to-end approach that ensures the business gains visibility and has control of its whole document environment. This holistic approach taken by Lexmark is something that customers will certainly appreciate because once it has been implemented, the environment being managed becomes a channel to unify digital and print information, thus ensuring processes and workflows are streamlined.
- Unlike other managed printing services, Lexmark typically starts by trying to optimize existing output infrastructure.
- They continue to track and analyze the businesses to ensure that the business processes add value to a business.
- Most businesses have claimed that with Lexmark, their consumables are efficiently managed
- We did not find any cons for Lexmark’s managed printing services.
Canon’s MPS works using three steps to ensure that a business is improved. First, they take control of existing services and processes, which are then optimized and enhanced as they understand that managing business documents is a process that is always ongoing. By using advanced diagnostics systems and highly skilled professionals, you will certainly not be disappointed by what can be achieved by using Canon.
- With Canon, large companies with offices around the globe can rest easy as they do not have to use many different vendors. Canon can provide global print management resources.
- Because they have been in the business for a long time, their input to output technologies are very diverse.
- Canon only uses authentic OEM supplies and parts.
- Their services are customized to business needs regardless of the business type or size. They also have an instant plug and play solution for small businesses whose printing needs are just regular.
- Canon provides businesses with certified training and support, which means the implemented print services can be continued within the organization.
- The cost of Canon’s managed printing services is relatively expensive.
Managed printing services are a great addition for a business as they enable businesses to have efficient document management. Finding a good service provider who can implement the vision of an organization is not guaranteed. It’s therefore important that before committing to a single managed printing services that you do your research thoroughly. This is because while managed printing services have considerable benefits, there are also major risks associated with the whole process. Some things you may want to consider when choosing an MPS include
The cost factor: most managed printing services are usually not cheap because the service is being outsourced to a professional outside of the organization. It is, therefore, important that before you undertake such an expensive affair, ensure that you have the money to pay for the services.
You lose control; hiring a professional MPS means that you must let go of a lot of things and give the reigns to someone else. If this is something you can come to terms with, then, by all means, get the managed printing service, your business requires. However, it’s also important to remember that you are introducing security risks to your business.
There will be delays by hiring a professionally managed printing service; it basically means that you can no longer take matters into your own hands to resolve issues. So, for example, if a printer were to breakdown, you would have to wait for the professional to fix it.
Managed printing services are extremely popular today, but the benefits are different for every business. We certainly do hope that you are able to find the one that works for you.